Thursday, August 15, 2013

Drama Queen


I wish we didn't have to lock up our virgin mothers.

I was thinking dark thoughts this week and it occurred to me that at least once in every decade of my life my heart has been irreparably broken - when I was a sad little girl, an angry teenager, a young mother, a grown-ass woman who should have known better, an exhausted almost-crone. I thought to myself, "Oh woe is me to suffer such regular, unrelieved sorrow. I really should write about it."

Then I smacked my coffee cup smartly into my front teeth, jolting my feeble mind back to reality. Heart-rending grief at least once a decade? You LUCKY bitch!



I wore my sequin dress and new glasses for a while. That's all I've got.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

...and you look FABULOUS in them...you have a brave and true heart, which is more than most. so there! x j

k said...

Ah Janelle you are kind! Thank you. Hope the bee sting is but a distant memory.

Mrs. G. said...

Where did you get those glasses? Who made those frames? How did you get so pretty?

k said...

Dear Mrs. G you are incredibly kind. The glasses are cheap readers from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BC5P4VM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of these days I am going to plan a trip north to coincide with Girls Night Out Tuesdays!

Amanda Summer said...

getting your heart broken once a decade - def something to write about. hopefully those cracks let in the light.